Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scrappers Ranch Has Enlightened Me!

Although I've been super busy at work after being out sick for 3 days, I'm still finding time to craft.  My friend Bonnie (Scrappers Ranch) has introduced me to a few new groups that are all about getting crafty.  She is a great friend, huh?  :D 

First, Bonnie introduced me to Scrappin Sista Swap.  There I entered a swap where I had to make 5 altered cd's.  They each had to be the same, so that helped a lot.  There was a specific theme and a specific color palette.  I had never altered a cd before and although it challenged me I had a lot of fun learning and doing it.  I will definitely try it again.  Not only that, I will most definitely keep up with the talent on the Scrappin Sista Swap.

Next, Bonnie added me to a group on facebook called RAK ~ Random Acts of Kindness.  Just by seeing the name, I knew I would enjoy this group.  So, I started looking threw the members of the group & there were some ladies from the Scrappin Sista group- yeah!  In this group, I've signed up for a lace swap and a Secret Sister.  Looking forward to both!

The next day I get on facebook to check and Bonnie has added me to another page.  The SisterHood of Papercrafting.  Holy Cow!  I had a ton of sisters out there and didn't even know it!  What a relief because no one and I mean NO one in my family is into papercrafting.  I was going to start searching for my adoption papers this weekend.

In the group SisterHood of Papercrafting, a young lady posted a blog hop.  But this is not just any old blog hop, this is a special hop for a special little boy named MASON.  Mason has been very ill and is only 3 years old.  The hop is for cards of encouragement for the sweet little boy and his family.  Below is what I created for Mason.  He is a true hero to go through his life suffering the way he does and still have energy and not give up. 





If you don't do anything else, please say a prayer for Mason and his family.  I am not one to preach or judge others so this is out of character for me.  However, I feel very strongly in posting this scripture from Matthew 18:19-20

"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.  For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

The more that pray for little Mason, the more God will hear and answer the prayers.  While asking for health of Mason, please thank God for the life Mason has already had and will continue to have.  Also, please do not forget to lift up Mason's family in this time of hardship.

Mason's card was created using the new Superhero Workshop on the Go by Close To My Heart

4 comments:

  1. This card is amazing! It really fills my heart with joy to see the wonderful cards being made for Mason. I am a teacher also and would do anything to help a child out.

    Thank you for that scripture, It was beautiful. Mason will love it!

    Toodles,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send an email to simplycricutting@gmail.com so I can send the address out to you. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT card! Mason's gonna love it!

    lots of love,
    www.shortycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card for Mason! I know he'll love it!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete