Friday, September 25, 2015

All in the Family


Hello Friends & Welcome Back!

The crafting bug bit my niece!  YAY! It's always fun to craft someone else, especially family who makes you laugh.  My niece Madison just turned 11.  She wanted to make a project for her room using the colors hot pink, black, and white.  She also wanted to incorporate zebra print and a cross.  No challenge there, right?  Luckily, I had a wooden cross in my stash and lots of paint.  

She painted the base of the cross black and the edges hot pink.  



Ain't she cute?!  If she knew I posted a pic of her with her glasses, she'd be so mad at me.  But, I think she's adorable with her glasses, so... here she is. We didn't finish the cross that day, so I haven't got pictures of the finished product.  I will have to get some and post for you soon.


For Madison's 11th birthday, she wanted to give her friends a keepsake.  She and her mom bought some frames at a craft store.  I cutout letters using my handy-dandy Cricut.  Madison painted the frames pink and then she Mod-Podged the names on them.  One for each girl who came to the party.


Using a retired punch from Close To My Heart, I punched out several pieces of black cardstock, squirted the punches with water, and then crumpled them up.  After unwrapping the scrunched up punches, I put a hole in the middle and put a retired blinged out brad through it.  Thus, I created a cute flower.  Here is an example of the finished product...before the pictures of the girls. 


Personally, I think for an 11-year-old, Madison did a GREAT job!  What do you think?  

What have you created lately?  Need supplies?  Check out Close To My Heart!

Until next time...Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment